Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
Continuing on, let's look at a few more of the kooky, crazy kids waiting outside the Apple store in Soho, aching for some palm-to-iPhone action. Events of this magnitude bring out a different types of people: Those who are true Apple fans and media whores who love attention. On that note, observe these dudes who've set up a ping-pong table on Greene Street.
And this fellow, also on Greene Street, who was decorating a Christmas tree.
These people were just hanging out and eating.
The line ended right at the entrance to Centovini, the wine bar at 25 West Houston Street.
Extra line reinforcements litter Greene Street.
· iPhrenzy: Soho Line Waiters Pt. 1 [Racked]
· iPhrenzy: First Attempted iPhone Theft Caught Live on Fox [Racked]
· iPhrenzy: Today's The Day [Racked]
· iPhrenzy: Only One Day To Go...And The Line Isn't That Long [Racked]
· iPhrenzy: And The Lines Grow Longer [Racked]
· iPhrenzy: The First People In Line [Racked]