Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
· Wal-Mart quietly joining Chambers of Commerce in multiple boroughs [NY Observer]
· Nordstrom to expand, remodel and open new stores [The Seattle Times]
· Payless buys shoe company Stride Rite [NY Post]
· Young adults buying more clothing, going into debt [WWD, subscription req.]
· ...luxury spending is also on the rise [SF Gate]
· Urban Outfitters to launch a brand focused on "green" home products [Globe St.]
· Lucy Sykes does a moderately-priced kid's clothing line [WWD, subscription req.]