Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
Pictures and quickly-typed reviews of the new Apple Store opening to the public tomorrow at 6pm at 14th Street and Ninth Avenue are sweeping the internet like wildfire. The general consensus: The store's gorgeous! The circular glass staircase is really tall! The 46-foot-long Genius Bar is incredibly long! Below, a roundup of the coverage.
[Photo above via Gizmodo]
· First Photos of 14th Street Store [ifoAppleStore]
· CrunchGear Exclusive: Grand Opening of the W14th Street New York Apple Store [CrunchGear]
· iMePa: Meatpacking Gets Its Apple Store [The Real Estate]
· 14th St NYC Apple Store Is 2nd Biggest In US, First to Offer Free Pro Classes [Gizmodo]
· A Preview of the Meatpacking Apple Store [Gothamist]