Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
Crocs, the polarizing footwear company, descended upon the Upper West Side earlier this month. But what about their Soho location that's been "in progress" for months? We checked in with the contractors back in October, and they hastily dismissed any delay speculations and instead confirmed a December "holiday" opening.
Um, how's that going? The store looks like an old dusty attic inside. And the outside? Well, compare these photos, taken yesterday, to others taken over two months ago. Can you tell the difference?
Tourists and Croc-loving downtowners should take the 1/2 or B/C to 72nd Street—the Crocs store on Columbus Avenue is a short distance from there. Take it from us: it's going to be a while until they set foot on Spring Street.
· Now Open: What a Croc [Racked]
· RackedWire: Crocs A Comin', Sneaky London Sole Store [Racked]
· Storecasting: See you in a While, Crocodile? [Racked]
· The Sad State Of Soho: Crocs To Open Soon On Spring Street [Racked]
· Crocs Taking a Bite Out of UWS And Soho [Racked]