Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
The Roberto Cavalli collection for H&M was perhaps the most overhyped "masstige" launch yet. We've finally managed to stagger out of the H&M flagship store at 51st Street and Fifth Avenue, dazed, a bit bruised and still in utter shock over the behaviors we witnessed inside. Namely, women and men physically fighting over tacky scraps of animal-print fabric.
Cha-ching! Cavalli smiles as he watches the feeding frenzy.
Pushing and shoving.
The early bird gets the animal print.
Guards protecting the mannequins, which shoppers were not allowed to strip.
The checkout line.
Hey, it's the "Bitch, I'm gonna cut you!" guy. He scored big, no doubt due to his powers of intimidation.
· Oh, Roberto: Cavalli Greeting His Fans [Racked]
· Oh, Roberto: Jessica Stam Is Happy, Somewhat Vacant [Racked]
· Oh, Roberto: We're Inside! 'Bitch, I'm Gonna Cut You!' [Racked]
· Oh, Roberto: 'Line is Moving,' T-Minus 15 Minutes [Racked]
· Oh, Roberto: The Pre-Opening Madness [Racked]