Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
A satisfied shopper emerges, carrying his goods in a beige Muji 'My Bag.' The bags, which contain a free gift, are being given away to the first 500 customers.
The first-ever US Muji store is now, officially, open for business (early!). Shoppers are racing in, and as you can see, merch is being snapped up quickly. Early best sellers, from our man on the scene: "stationary, calendars, socks!" Socks? What's going on down there?
UPDATE: More from our correspondent: "the line to pay down to 10 people at 11:45am; ceramicware also popular."
· Show Me The Muji!: Scenes From the Press Preview [Racked]
· Show Me The Muji!: Firing On All Cylinders, Ready For Action [Racked]
· The Interior Of Muji Soho, Revealed! [Racked]
· Muji Peels Back The Paper On Broadway [Racked]
· Muji Officially Announces Opening Date, Reveals Juicy Preview Pics [Racked]
· RackedWire: Muji Opening Date Revealed! [Racked]
· Muji Slowly Coming To Life In Soho [Racked]