Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
We've anticipated its opening throughout construction delays and questionable window displays, and now Blue & Cream is officially open for business. The new Bowery boutique opened on Monday stocking a strong, well-edited assortment of pieces. There seems to be an emphasis on dresses, ranging from sparkly numbers to solid sweater types. Lauren Moffat and Charlotte Ronson are two prominently featured brands, and there are also pieces by Tibi, Alexander Wang, Nicholas K, and Rag and Bone denim.
The Hamptons offshoot is as stylish as we thought it'd be... and just as pricey. Most items retail between $200 and $400. Fine for the Blue & Cream trustafarians and Avalon Chrystie dwellers, but not really for the rest of us.
· Storecasting: Blue & Cream's Wall of Fame [Racked]
· Blue & Cream Update: Just a White Hole at the Moment [Racked]
· RackedWire: Blue & Cream's Hiring and More [Racked]
· Storecasting: Bowery Whole Foods Gets an Upscale Neighbor [Racked]
· Blue & Cream Takes the Jitney Downtown [WWD, subscription req.]