Racked is no longer publishing. Thank you to everyone who read our work over the years. The archives will remain available here; for new stories, head over to Vox.com, where our staff is covering consumer culture for The Goods by Vox. You can also see what we’re up to by signing up here.
Photo of arts collaborative peoplmovr's site-specific installation in front of the Brooklyn Trader Joe's building via A Brooklyn Life
· Surprising number of vacant storefronts on Madison Ave [NY Post]
· LESers want abandoned La Guardia Bathhouse renovated and reopened [City Room]
· Young people prefer fresh coffee to canned [Huff Post]
· Cell phones hazardous to children's health [NY Post]
· Retailers subtly beginning Christmas advertising early [NY Times]